Divorce means more than just parting ways with your partner. It may also affect your assets in your retirement fund. We shed some light on this.
- How will a divorce affect my assets in my retirement fund?
- What is pension interest?
- Why must the divorce order specifically refer to "pension interest"?
- What is an example of wording that complies with the requirements?
- What requirements have to be met before payment can be made to my ex-spouse from my retirement fund?
- How much of my pension interest can be awarded to my ex-spouse?
- How will my ex-spouse know what the value of my pension interest is?
- What happens if my employment is terminated before the divorce order is granted?
- What is an order in terms of section 7(8) of the Divorce Act?
- Is an order in terms of section 7(8) of the Divorce Act always possible?